Our Drupal Web Site Development Process
Your successful web design project starts with a well-defined web design process and measurable marketing goals. At Ridpath Creative Partners, we use a detailed approach to the design of a website, breaking the project into a six step process, each step in the process ends with a client sign-off. This ensures that the project stays on track with regard to website structure, content and the budget.
Here’s how our web design process works!
Phase 1: Defining the Project
- Meet with people from your company or organization to determine the objective of your website
- Define the type of Web site: Is this an online tool for your clients? Do you sell directly over the Internet or is the goal to engage your client for further dialog?
- Understand your audience and analyze your industry
- Determine what your expectations of a successful Web site are
- Present project estimate for client approval
Phase 2: Developing the Structure
- Answer the technical requirement questions based on project definition including determination of site hosting environment
- Address content: using existing copy, editing existing for web readability or writing new copy. (optional - determine page based keyword search engine optimization strategy)
- Create a site map based on project definition and overlaying a content requirements outline
- Determine content specifics such as navigation naming and labeling.
- Overlay user paths and user scenarios on to site map – make adjustments based on discoveries
- Determine site hosting environment
Phase 3: Design
- Gather the text and graphics that you want included in the web site based on the agreed upon structure
- Develop the graphics and layout for the site: including the home page and any alternative looks for sub pages or forms
- Present concepts to you for review
- Refine concepts based on your feedback
- Confirm site flow and functionality
- Create refined graphic template / style guide
Phase 4: Programming & Design Integration
- Establish programming requirements
- Set file structure including search engine optimized key word application (if requested)
- Graphics optimization and HTML (or other required coding language) programming
- Write or edit copy including page based search engine optimization keywords if requested
- Populate pages with provided or new copy and graphics.
- Integrate backend development (if required)
- Test structure against project definition
- Test specific pages and functionality
- Compile structure changes and bug list
- Implement structure adjustments and fix bugs
- Final testing and analysis
Phase 5: Website Launch
- Make any “live state” adjustments
- Move site to live state
- Check site security
- Live test functionality
- Fix any noted bugs
Phase 6: Ongoing Site Maintenance
- After release of the site, we will work with you to establish a regular review and maintenance schedule for your web site to accommodate requests, user feedback, system upgrades and emerging web technologies.
Ready to get your project started? Call 816.792.9669